Ardrossan & District Historical Museum
Located in the original Stumpjump Plough factory on Fifth Street. The museum has a good display on the history of the stumpjump plough and a collection of memorabilia including tractors and farm machinery.
Open Sunday 2:30pm to 4:30pm as well as school and public holidays or by appointment Tel: (08) 8837 3062.
The Stump Jump Plough
The stump jump plough resting in the park on East Terrace, is a tribute to Clarence
Smith, who manufactured the ploughs in the 1870's in Ardrossan.
Built in 1876 the jetty was the hub of a busy grain port. Produce was once carried along the jetty by horse-drawn trolleys to the ships. The old wheat trolleys and the tram track remain today. The jetty is a great
vantage point at sunrise to see the amazing display of colour against Ardrossan's red coastal cliffs.